Today is a day for celebrating women. And, even though there seems to be very little to celebrate on the political level in Canada, I am going to focus in on the personal, which we all know, is political. So, here is Politics’n’Poetry’s Top Ten Things to Celebrate on IWD:
10. I am in good health.
9. I have clothes on my back, a roof over my head and food in the cupboards and that makes me a woman more privileged than many others in the world.
8. I have a constitutional right to freedom of expression and I do so through my blog, P’n’P, which has been recognized by the blogging community as a valuable one.
7. When I put my mind to it, I can write some damned fine poetry.
6. I am able to set the problems of my life aside from time to time and simply enjoy living.
5. I made one of the best batches of dilled bean pickles I have ever made this past fall.
4. Freelancing is proving to be a decent way of earning a living.
3. I am part of a wonderful, online, feminist community.
2. My 3D community is strong, loving and supportive.
1. I have two bright, loving and generous teenagers, a remarkable achievement these days, if I do say so myself.