I almost missed this one! The SPP and North American Union keep forging along, with old sexist language, to boot!
Under the Joint Chairmanship of:
The Hon. George Shultz, Former U.S Secretary of State
The Hon. Peter Lougheed, Former Premier of Alberta
The Hon. Pedro Aspe, Former Finance Minister of Mexico
but working hard to co-opt progressive language:
North American Cooperation and Community
And it sent its participants home with inspiration:
This year, the North American Forum discussed:
– Strategic dimensions of the North American security and prosperity partnership (with Homeland Security and Canada Border Services Agency participation)
– Investing in competitiveness: new ideas and options for infrastructure, borders and business – Public/private partnerships, municipal bonds and border development
– NAFTA at 15: where do we go from here? – How to “create a North American Community?
– The social agenda of North American integration – Migration and development
– Energy in North America – Security, rationalization and climate change
Guest panellists included some familiar faces:
– David O’Reilly, CEO, Chevron Corporation
– Luis de la Calle, former Undersecretary of Trade
– Anne McLellan, former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada
– Carla Hills, Chairman & CEO, Hills & Co.
– Tom d’Aquino, Canadian Council of Chief Executives
– Ron Covais, President, The Americas, Lockheed Martin Corp.
Gotta wonder what it was the RCMP and Canadian military types brought home, eh? EXTREME VIOLENCE WARNING: Police States R Us